We’re Hiring new Worker-Owners!
We’re looking for a Digital Organizing Associate
About Samara Collective
We are a strategic media and communications firm, working towards a more equitable world where communities have the agency to create sustainable change and the bridges needed to build deeper connection between them.
Building power begins by creating spaces where people can bring their whole selves to the work that they do and by giving voice to those stories. Samara’s story began when our four founding members sat down to get to know one another. Before getting down to business, we spent months dreaming – sharing our personal, professional and political experiences and aspirations. We had even worked together in these organizations and befriended each other well before conceiving of creating our own business. We knew there had to be a better way, and in this process of dreaming, we discovered our common desire to align our visions for the future with our work in deeper ways. Thus Samara Collective was born as a worker-owned cooperative in 2018. Now we are in the business of building agency through design, marketing, advertising and training for values-based organizations and people who have a story to tell.
We are grateful that Samara’s mission and skill set resonate with so many client partners. For that reason we are looking to grow our team and to add additional capacity to the work we do today. Do you get excited to help mission-based organizations work toward justice? Are you inspired by community organizing, people power, and exploring alternatives to capitalism? Are you a bold thinker and inclusive collaborator? Are you willing to learn and able to work independently at times? Are you open to authentic communication and honest feedback to help you continuously learn and grow?
Yes? Here’s what you can expect as part of our team:
Digital Organizing Associate:
85% – Execute on existing client partner work with support, mentorship and training from current worker-owners
- Writing, proofreading and copy editing of ads, event descriptions, case studies, etc.
- Front-end web design and development (content creation, site setup, SEO, advocacy call-to-action)
- Social media account management for select client partners (report generation, ad monitoring, UTM integration, tracking, software integration research and implementation)
- Digital organizing (e-mail series creation and monitoring, SMS campaigns and follow-up, Peer to Peer texting, calendar and event creation)
- Data entry, cleaning, and visualization
15% – Internal Initiatives, Admin, and Project Management
- Support creation and/or maintenance of materials for internal policies and procedures, new business development as needed
- Update relevant contact information, meeting notes, etc. in Zoho (CRM)
- Manage personal timesheets in Zoho in a timely fashion
We are looking for a candidate that’s the right fit, as such this position can be part-time at 20/week or full time, which we define as 30/week. The salary range for each is listed below:
Part time (20 hours/week):$35-42k
Full Time (30 hours/week): $52-62k
Benefits: Competitive, equitable pay rates, flexible hours and working location, path to business ownership (equity – with annual profit-sharing)
Part time staff (20 hours/week): Every listed above plus medical/dental/vision policies
Full Time staff (30 hours/week): Everything lists above plus a generous PTO policy
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Demonstrate a passion for Samara Collective’s mission and the work of our client partners; strong alignment with diversity, equity, and inclusion values
- Ability – and preferably demonstrated experience in – front end web development, writing and copy editing, social media content strategy & advertising, and account management
- Has strong command of (or can quickly learn) Google Suite applications, Zoho (CRM and project management software)
- Has strong interpersonal, communication, and relationship-building skills; able to interface with various and diverse stakeholders, groups and individuals
- Possesses excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of experience
- Existing book of business and freelance clients (especially press contacts)
- Experience with the following platforms and applications
- General: GoogleSuite, Excel, Adobe Suite, ZOHO
- Digital organizing/lead generation: Spoke, MemberPress, MailChimp, Typeform, VAN/EveryAction, Action Network, Zapier, Hootsuite
- Social Media: Facebook (and FB business manager), Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat, Google Analytics
- Data: AirTable, Tableau, TimelineJS
- Web Design: WordPress, CPanel,Visual Bakery, ArtBees Themes
Your turn! We’d like to learn about you.
Please submit a brief writing sample, your resume, portfolio (if applicable), and a cover letter telling us why you are interested in our team and this role! Contact us today at [email protected].
As of this posting, 100% of Samara Collective members identify as women. 50% are people of color, and a majority identify as queer. We are proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, physical disability, veteran status or length of time spent unemployed.
Note: Samara Collective reserves the right to add additional duties as needed with consent of the worker. All worker-owners are encouraged to be flexible and responsive to changes in scope of duties.